Tuesday, June 19, 2012
















It's been so busy at work for me lately, that I haven't had a chance to do any crafting. I made this card a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd share it with you. Not everyone is a cat person, including myself, but one can still appreciate the imagery because I'm sure we've all seen a cat ready to pounce on a mouse, a bird, or a butterfly at some point, even if it was on TV or in a movie.

To create this card, I stamped the flower field image from the 'Sunny side of Life' cling set using A Muse Studio's Sugar pigment ink, then stamped the butterfly from the same stamp set and the cat from the 'At Least One Cat' cling set. I embossed it all with white EP. I did use my Static Buddy prior to any of my stamping to keep the EP from getting everywhere. Heat setting from the underside can help that problem, too, but I think I was a little lazy this time. Layered the Cobalt onto some Papaya cardstock and wrapped some lovely Papaya satin ribbon around it. The button came from my button stash. I think I need A Muse to make/sell wood buttons now. A little twine keeps the button from lookin' nekkid.

Anyway, back to the rat race. My kids have 2 more days of school and then I can sleep in for one more hour every day until summer's over. Hooray! Can't wait!

Next class is this Saturday, June 23rd at the A Muse shop. If you aren't signed up already, make sure you do!

2 comments:

Gailanne said...

Very, very nice card. Smart to combine a variety of images to get this great result. Well done!

Unknown said...

I'm not a cat person either but I love this card:)