Monday, May 30, 2011

Cheers to you!


Baseball games, school events, and travel have taken up my month of May, leaving me little time to craft. It's a good thing I planned my June 5th classes early or I'd be scrambling about now. I thought it might be fun to show you a masculine card since Father's Day is coming soon and who knows, maybe you have a male birthday coming up that you need a card for.

I made this card using a recessed window technique. I used a square Nestability die on the onyx cardstock to create the window and layered some sugar cardstock behind it. All that was layered onto a wheat card base. Next, I created a mask for the hotdog image, then stamped the hotdog on some scrap cardstock, then masked it and stamped the beer mug. The images were then colored with Copics, cut out, and adhered to the window with dimensionals. The sentiment was stamped with a sugar pigment pad then embossed with white EP (embossing powder).

all supplies from a*muse | studio

An easy peasy male card without ribbons or frilly things!

6 comments:

Hooklineandinker said...

Love the beer!!! LOL

-Katy

Stamping Dana said...

Great card!!

cheiron said...

This is SOOO cute!

Jennie M said...

This is super cute Novell! I love it!!!

Glenda J said...

Perfectly cute card!

Anonymous said...

Very fun! I can't wait to use that mug :)