Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Gift Cards




I created this fun giftcard holder for my last class and thought I'd share it with you all. I used the idea out of the latest Paper Crafts Holiday Cards issue. Unfortunately, I can't locate it at the moment to be able to tell you who created the actual design. Anyway, for this card I used a 12x12 sheet of red cardstock and cut it down to 5.5 x 12. I scored each end at 4.25". Fold the strip in half and it will leave you a score mark in the middle. Fold it all up accordion style so that you have a little "mountain" in the middle. I then used a Quickutz die very much like the Stampin Up Top Note die to cut out a fancy design in the accordion piece in the middle of the card (see pic below). You could easily use a punch to accomplish the same thing....like a Marvy oval punch. Slide a giftcard inside and voila! Nifty little giftcard holder. On the inside of my card I used some pretty apple shimmer couture paper.


No comments: