Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fall and Holiday


I stopped at Michaels today and picked up some pretty glitter holiday picks I thought would come in handy for some Fall/Thanksgiving cards. I just use wire cutters to remove the leaves I want. You can add lots of bling very simply by using picks like these for very little cost. These were on sale for less that $.50 a piece, I think. I have a lot of leaves I can use for that half dollar!



I've also been really busy with work and creating cards for the troops our office adopted for the holidays. I made them all the same Thanksgiving card...pretty Plain Jane but wanted to make them each their own, unique holiday card. I picked up a box of K&Co Christmas Chipboard and used them to create lots of cards. I also found some nice Christmas sentiments by Impression Obsession that were perfect, too. I needed these cards to be big enough for about 40 people to sign so I knew my A Muse 4-bar notecards weren't gonna cut it. I had some Rubber Soul A2 notecards in a stash that I needed to use up so I figured, what better reason than this? I have tons of patterned paper so I put that to use, too. I'll be sharing some of the cards I made over the next few days, weeks, whatever, until I get tired of them.

Hope you are all out there staying healthy, enjoying your family time and/or activities, and planning your holiday cards. The countdown is on and the time is flying by!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha.. my mom picked up this small box of MM leaf embellishments at the store, and I said 'Go grab a whole branch of them over there!' (exactly what you did!) Great minds think alike. ;)