Friday, December 5, 2008

Smell the coffee.....




I don't know about you but I know I've been crazy busy since November, and probably even before that. Lately I've felt like I haven't had a chance to take a breather. I'm really excited because after this weekend, I have nothing planned for December except for my work's holiday party and my oldest son's Winter Concert. Now I know things will come up and those empty spaces will fill in, but those will be fun things I'm sure. I do have my holiday baking to do, some shopping, wrapping, and decorating to do, but I have control over when I spend the time doing that and that feels so good! Even as I sit here I remember...Oh, yeah! Vickie's jewelry party and Joyce's birthday is coming up. (Oh, hey folks, Joyce's birthday is coming up soon so send her some love! Her birthday is on the 19th and I bet the A Muse shop would accept birthday cards for her. )

So, as you struggle to get through your December, remember to take time to smell the coffee! Stop and actually enjoy the decorations you see out there. Stop and take a breather and get some fresh air. Take a brisk walk. Sit by a fire. Do something relaxing!

VMAA takes place tonight. Unfortunately, I can't participate because I'll be sitting on a plane. My sister and I headed to Texas to visit our dad. If you don't know what VMAA is, check this out. It's so much fun! Stamping challenges every 30 minutes and it's so much fun to see what everyone has created. If you aren't already a member of the A Muse Addicts, it just takes a second to join. Be sure to get registered online in plenty of time for the mods to get you in there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

........THUD!!! OK, I love, LOVE LOVE this design, Novell! Fabulous!

And, you go enjoy yourself. Relax. You need it. You deserve it. {{{{{{{Novell}}}}}}}} Rejuvenate!

Elena said...

THis is great! I've been working on my colored pencils techniques, too, but I need to keep working on it; long way to go to get to your level :) ENjoy your time with your dad.

Becky Rusher said...

Novell, I want to color like you when I grow up! :)

Unknown said...

Love the coloring Novell!

Laura said...

Love the color combo.

Lori Barnett said...

WHAT??? You are going to TX!! Have fun! Oh....the card...PERFECT!! I love the colors you used...and the best part is the coffee! I love my coffee :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I LOVE this card Novell! Just perfect in every way!! Hope you had fun in TX!! :)