Thursday, October 23, 2008

Warm Mittens


Here's another Saltbox Winter card I wanted to share with you. I started with the light blue chiffon 4-bar notecard and stamped the tiny snowflakes from the Winter Wonders set using Colorbox Chalk Ice Blue ink. I layered a red polka dot PLP (pretty little paper) onto some Swiss Red and adhered it to the left side of the notecard. I stamped the mittens onto a rectangle of white cardstock, and again on some scrap. I colored both layers, then cut out the mittens from the scrap so I could pop them up with dimensionals. The snowflake is a chipboard die cut from my LSS that I layered with a white snowflake from the same die. I used a primitive heart punch and random button. The mittens are from the small Saltbox set called "Brrrr."



I've been working on my A Muse 2009 calendar class and I'm thinking this is going to be a Bind-It-All project, not a CD calendar. Look for me to update that in the next day or two.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Soooo CUTE! The red and white just makes it all POP!

jenstamps said...

This is just too cute!!!! What a great color combo!

Anonymous said...

Darling card... love it! Especially the snowflake heart :)

Rhonda said...

Oh, this is ADORABLE!! Love it!! Cute layout and colors and ALL details!! TFS!

Hey, are you and Joyce carpooling to the Copic class on the 7th?? If you're willing, I'd love to carpool too! The thought of the commute that morning is not appealing to me!!! :D

LMK! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love this card! Those mittens are so cute and you did a great job with the layout. Wow!

Lori Barnett said...

I love this! I have that set on my wish list. Aweseom card!