Friday, October 17, 2008

Alpine Winter Mouse




Thinking of winter just makes me want to grab my blankie, a mug of hot cocoa, and sit by a nice, warm fire but I know some folks love to be in the wintery outdoors. I know this cute little winter mouse wanted to be outside ice skating. I used the tree from the new Saltbox Pumpkin Oak set and just omitted the leaves (except for one). When I stamped the mouse, I omitted the gift and drew in some little hands, then I used my Copic marker to draw in ice skate blades. I used the largest A Muse wood mounted oval to create the ice pond and a white gel pen to draw in some blade tracks. The picture doesn't show this well but I also used the little snowflakes from last year's Winter Wonders release and added the red cardinal from the same set. As you can see by the second picture, I also mounted a 2nd wing using dimensionals. A little liquid applique and glitter completes the picture with some snow.





Oh, and I punched some mittens using a Punch Bunch mitten punch and a bit of twine from May Arts. I popped those up with dimensionals, too.

supplies: brown notecard base: Rubber Soul; patterned papers: KI Memories Alpine line; other solid papers: Stampin Up Burgundy, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky; brown kitchen paper: A Muse; Ribbon: blue (unknown source) and white edged sheer ribbon (A Muse); Liquid Applique; Glitter; Twine: May Arts; Brad: Making Memories; Stamps: Winter Wonders and Brrrr from Saltbox Studio

4 comments:

Becky Rusher said...

I love the little mouse on skates! Cute card, Novell!

jenstamps said...

You beat me to it! I thought about adding one of the birds from the Tweets set in the tree. Love all the other additions you made to this adorable scene!

Lori Barnett said...

I really need to get more Saltbox stamps. They are adorable...and this card is just that...adorable :)

Anonymous said...

Love those little mittens! Fun card!