Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Welcome, Baby!

I've been postponing a blog post, waiting to get a picture of my nephew and his wife's new baby. She's a big girl, coming into the world at 9lbs 12.8oz! My son, who is seen in this picture holding her, said she's very heavy. She's a cutie pie. Big sister was at the zoo with her maternal grandpa so I didn't get to see how she was with her or get a picture of them together. Maybe next time. Everyone is doing well and we are thankful for a healthy baby and safe delivery.







I'm eager to get my hands on the new Saltbox Studio release. You can get yours here. Since I don't have the new sets yet, I've been playing a bit with some older ones. After needing to create Christmas and Holiday cards for Amuseapalooza, I've still been in the mood for Christmas. So, it's Christmas in July with this one:





For this card I used some SU Confetti Tan cardstock and cut it to make a 4.25" notecard. The patterned paper is from a Basic Grey Figgy 6x6 pack. I added some red berries to the wreath with my red Sakura glaze pen. The rest was colored with Copics and the distress ink is by Ranger (Walnut). I have a few more Saltbox cards to share this week. My Saltbox sets have been a little neglected with DT assignments so I'm trying to make up for lost time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Your son looks like a pro holding her!

Your Christmas card is stunning!!!

Rhonda said...

Ooooohhh, pretty card! LOVE the DP and the hanging sign!!!

Congrats Auntie!!! :D