Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Saltbox Hens and Chicks



Well, I got my Saltbox Studio Hens and Chicks mini set and couldn't wait to play! I've been seeing the cutest samples on Lexi's blog, Becky's blog, Elena's blog, and the rest of the Saltbox Studio Design Teams blogs as well as the Saltbox Sampler. I can't wait for more sets to release! Especially for summer....the Saltbox Sets can be so Americana and they will be perfect for Summer and 4th of July stuff. Can't you just see packing up a picnic basket...maybe a Longaberger basket with a pretty basket liner, chock full of yummy sandwiches, drinks, maybe some muffins like the ones in the stamp above? Mmmmm. I can dream, can't I? We've had the yuckiest weather around here lately. Rain, rain, and more rain, and don't forget to mention the COLDEST SPRING in forever! We had snow in the mountain passes, for Pete's sake! Won't summer please come to the PNW?! I'm begging!!!
For this card I paired the muffin basket from the Basket Celebration set with one of the new little chicks. And I Fun Flocked him with yellow flocking! He's so cute and fuzzy in real life.
I wish I could say I'm off to a picnic but I'm off for a 5th grade graduation party instead. We are headed out to a Family Fun park type place for the day. Should be lots of fun. It's also near Ikea, which is a bit of a haul from where I live, so I know a bunch of moms will be making their way there. I just might have to tag along. hee hee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is adorable!!! I love the chick with the muffin basket!

Have fun at the party and Ikea!

Becky Rusher said...

Novell, this is DARLING!