Monday, June 16, 2008

Dads


As you know, yesterday was Father's Day. I was a terrible daughter....I didn't get a card out to my dad, nor did I buy him anything. I know he doesn't like my sister and I to buy him expensive things and I know he truly does not need anything. What he really appreciates is just for us to give him a call (he lives in TX). That, I did. I think Father's Day is bittersweet for my dad. My grandmother, his mother, passed away on Father's Day back in 1996.
My Father-In-Law lives about 2 miles down the street from us. I needed a card to take down to him so I whipped this up after church. I had been cleaning out my craft room, yet again, and came across some already stamped, colored images. The airplane was one of the images I found so that's where I started. My FIL doesn't have any special appreciation for my handmade cards...everything ends up in the garbage. It honestly does not hurt my feelings. I know this is just what he does. I don't work any less on my cards for him than I would for anyone else.
I have lots of cards to catch up on this week. There are several challenges I haven't had a chance to participate in over on the Amuseapalooza blog . Amy Rysavy, the Amuseapalooza Ambassador winner from last year, is hosting a layout challenge that ends today. Make sure you head on over to her blog so you can participate.
Card deets: Paper-Confetti Tan, Not Quite Navy, Choc Chip by Stampin Up; Ink-Cranberry Crisp, Choc Chip by Stampin Up (image in Basic Black, probably); Stamps-Retired Simple Stripes Background, Retired Up In The Air set by Stampin Up, Dad sentiment by MSE; Accessories-Designer Label Punch by SU, 1" and 1 1/4" punches, retired Cranberry Crisp stitched ribbon, antique copper brads by Making Memories.

No comments: