Friday, June 27, 2008

Arigato gozaimasu



I was cleaning out some papers the other day and ran across a stash of random 6x6 patterned cardstock that I got from my friend, Joyce. I think it's all Memory Box paper. Anyway, I had chosen these two patterned papers and was all prepared to make a RAK for my CPD group on SCS with it. Later that night my sister called me and asked me to make her a thank you card. My RAK turned into her thank you card somehow. I thought the papers looked asian, especially the red scallopy one and remembered I had these sweet little geisha girl and fans stamps from Great Impressions that I purchased last summer. I knew she would be perfect! The red in the cardstock is not a true red. It's more of a coral-y red so I paired it with some 'Tomato' cardstock from Rubber Soul. I just cut up one of my notecards to create these layers. The green layer is 'Lime Peel' from A Muse. The entire thing is mounted onto a Fairy Dust notecard by A muse, too. The 'arigato' sentiment is from the A Muse clear set called 'Sushi.'




Since you can't see it in this picture, I took a close-up so you could see how I outlined the flower in the girl's hair and her kimono with my gold Spica atyou glitter pen. This is so sparkly IRL! I also did not have any shiny gold brads so I embossed them to match the shiny gold embossing I did on the fans. The fans were colored in with my Copic Coral marker. You have to be careful using an alcohol based marker with embossed images. It can dull the color or even remove the embossing itself.
Over the weekend, I hope to get some time to stamp some summery cards. I think a trip to the A Muse shop might be in order! Or else I'll send a shopping list with someone I know who works there. Oh, Joyce......!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

This is goregous!! I *LOVE* everything about it. Great, great job!!

Sarah/WAstamper said...

Lovely!

Michelle Clark said...

This is so pretty Novell!

Allison Rankin said...

Wow...this is stunning...great coloring!

Unknown said...

This is ADORABLE! The image is so sweet, and the Spica glitter pen adds just the right sparkly touch :)