Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Alicia!


Well, today is my cousin Alicia's birthday. She is about 7 months younger than I am. She's been through a lot these past few months. Her mom, my aunt, had a double brain aneurism in mid-December and things were really touch and go for a while. She recently was able to return home, well to Alicia's home, and is now back in the hospital after having suffered what they think is a seizure. It's just taking her brain longer to recover because of the brain damage she suffered in December. This is the card on its way to my cousin. I know...it's late. My cards are always late. But, I called her this morning to wish her a happy birthday so it's all good!
The idea for this card came from another A Muse Designer/Instructor's blog but I can't remember whose it was and don't know if this is an exact case or not. I just thought Alicia would think it was cute. And she needs a lift...the poor girl has to be both physically and mentally exhausted! Her kids are the same age as mine, within a few months, and between taking care of her mom and taking care of her own family, she's gotta be beat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great! I love the soft blue and the green and pink together! The trees at the bottom was a really cool idea too!

Nicole said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

super cute! I love those owls.

Anonymous said...

This card is sooooo pretty!

I am sorry to read about your aunt. I hope she is on her way to recovery. Sending thoughts and prayers her way. {{{Hugs}}}