Thursday, March 6, 2008

Green, Green

Green, green. That was a title to one of my favorite Japanese children's songs off a very old album I still have. All the words are in Japanese except for 'green, green.' I don't even remember what the song is about but I remember the tune in my head. This card reminded me of the song because of all the green. Green also happens to be the color in the weekly challenge over at the A Muse Addicts. If you haven't already participated, head on over there and check it out!





The card I'm sharing today uses images from The Saltbox Studio. The sheep image comes from the 'Sheep' set while the sentiment comes from the 'Sheep Sayings' set. I also used the A Muse tiny flower for some added interest in the Green Madeira notecard "grass." I used my Copic .05 multiliner pen to add faux stitches along the two layers of grass to define them more. I also distressed the edges just a bit. I used my Signo White Gel Pen in the center of the flowers just to accentuated them and the flower stems & leaves I drew in myself. The sheep was colored in with a white Prismacolor pencil. Have your Saltbox sets seen some love lately???? They'd make perfect Easter cards!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute. I really like the flowers on the "grass" ... such a nice touch!

melissa said...

I love the hills with the flowers...so clever you are! :) Great job!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty Novell! Thanks for playing!

Nicole said...

Just saw this card and I LOVE it. Wow the hills, flowers and ship... background in kraft paper is so perfect. I haven't even read your post all the way through, needed to comment right away because I dig this card.

Nicole said...

oops... in my last post I meant to say SHEEP! yep, typos happen when you are multi tasking (I am on the most BORING conference call right now). let me die.

Anonymous said...

i love this card--the grassy hills are awesome and the flowers add the perfect touch of color!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love the splash of color the flowers add!!!

Anonymous said...

This is soooo cute, Novell! Love the layout, colors, everything!!