Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Confession

I need to make a confession. I bought a card. Yes, I BOUGHT A CARD!!! I was at the pet store last night, buying some dog food, when I realized I needed a birthday card for an 8yr old's birthday party that is taking place this afternoon. I can't show you the card I purchased because it would violate copyright laws but I can give you this link to the company that produces these cards. They are hilarious. The one I picked is a chihuaua with blue shiny goggles on and a hooded terry robe. He has a medallion 'C' around his neck. The sentiment inside says 'Party in the hood!' It's hilarious, trust me. The card has this really cool metallic sheen over it, too. My son loved it and he thinks his friend will love it, too.

Here's a birthday card that I CAN show you. It's my niece Alysia's birthday today. I made her a card that much like the one I made for my sister. If you remember, I had posted about my sister's card but didn't get a chance to take a picture before needing to give it to her. Well, this is a pretty close replica.





card deets: French Roast notecard by A Muse; all images by Memory Box, sentiment by Savvy Stamps. All ink is Versamagic by Tsukineko



Here's another card I'm going to leave you with. I'll be teaching this tonight at my Kid Cards class at Stampin-In-The-Rain. I actually picked this design off the A Muse website and revamped it with some new colors to bring it new life. Here's the 'old' version. Below is the new version.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's always been one of my all-time favorite A Muse creations . . . Your version is wonderful, Novell!

scoopy (Emily) said...

Love how you revamped the ladybug card! Hope your class is great!

Tisha said...

Love that ladybug card!! The Kitchen yellow rocks!!

Anonymous said...

Lots of pretty things! Love the "new" ladybug card you made!

Stephanie Mosher said...

I love the bird card! Is so colorful and beautiful. The AMuse card is wonderful too :) Thanks for sharing!