Sunday, December 9, 2007

Loss.....


I had the unfortunate opportunity to need to make a sympathy card for someone. It just breaks my heart whenever anyone I know loses a loved one but I think it's even worse when it's around the holiday season. We've been pretty lucky in our years....our Grandma's and Grandpa's are gone (lost my remaining Grandma earlier this year), one of Mike's uncles died about 2yrs ago, and our losses prior to that were in 2001-2002 where we lost 3 people in a 6 month span. Considering the size of Mike's family, I'd say we've been pretty lucky. It's so hard to face mortality, I think, even knowing there's a better place ahead. Just makes you realize time is so short and you never know when your time's gonna come. You really have to live one day at a time. I know for most people, life gets really crazy during the month of December. Not usually the case for us. I like it that way. Gives me time to reflect on the year.


I taught a Gift Tag class this weekend. I only had 2 students but we had lots of fun anyway. Since my camera is no longer speaking to my computer, I can't post a picture of the altered 3x3 book I put the tags into but I will scan some pics of the tags now that the class has been taught.

Card Details: the card is a little plain but I needed to keep it relatively flat for mailing purposes. Stamps: Along The Shore, Sanded, Itty Bitty Backgrounds/Stampin Up, Sympathy Sentiment/retired A Muse; Paper: Stampin Up Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky; Ribbon: Stampin Up

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. What a tough time of year to lose someone. Not that any time of year is easier to lose someone, but you know what I mean. Very sweet of you to send a card. Beautiful, sweet card Novell!