Friday, December 21, 2007

Are you ready for Christmas?


I imagine you have all been as busy as I have preparing for Christmas. Have you finished your shopping and wrapping? My shopping is done and I only have a few things left to wrap. I don't know about you but I'm ready to move on beyond the Christmas cards and work my way toward Winter cards and Valentines.


One of my favorite A Muse winter images is this solitary polar bear. I just think this image is so sweet and serene. I imagined him just traipsing through the snow and ice with snow falling all around him in the Arctic tundra. White is a difficult color to scan. I had to darken the image for the Ice Blue snowflakes to show up. I colored his scarf with a red marker, then colored over that with the AtYou Spica Glitter Pen in red. It has amazing sparkle! I used a Sakura Glitter pen to draw a trail behind him and added some ultrafine clear glitter. The sentiment was stamped onto a Pretty Little Paper, then mounted onto a piece of Cabana blue notecard. I added a silver brad and some pretty red ribbon from American Crafts. It's a nice, deep red rather than a primary version. All this was mounted atop a French Roast notecard. This card really looks much better in person, I promise!


I hope you all have a wonderful, safe, and happy Christmas with your loved ones wherever you may be.

3 comments:

Christina Carnoy said...

That card is soooooooooo cute! I'm ready to get past christmas cards too. Merry Christmas!

Rhonda said...

Very nice!! I love the glittery snow tracks behind the bear and the subtle snowflakes in the bg!! Great job!

Nicole said...

Ahhh... so simple, so sweet, so perfect, so neat!